Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Time to Tackle my Patterns

1000s of Patterns are taking over my space! As a knitter, crocheter or sewer you know exactly what that sentence just said. I literally have 1000s of patterns to create many wonderful items sitting in drawers, baskets, bags or wherever I could find a space to put them and now is the time for me to actually put them to work...

So this is my challenge to myself:
Every Thursday I will pick a new pattern to create and debut the finished product on Monday's blog. I picked Thursdays and Mondays because it gives me the weekend to work on the project which when I have the most free time. This is exciting for me because I can try my hand at something new and change up my life a little bit!

The new Pattern for today is:
A Cabled Scarf with Pockets

I found this Pattern at Michael's and thought that the pockets would be a great addition to a scarf. I have yet to do a cable stitch but the pattern is Basic so I think I should do ok. I can't wait to show you my finished product on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great goal to have! I, too, have tons of patterns - except mine are for cross-stitching.

    Spent time on Monday going through the patterns and matching embroidery floss with the patterns and writing a list of floss I still need to get.

    Now with that step done, I can begin to start stitching on the ones I have all the different colors of floss for.

    Will look forward to seeing what your cabled scarf with pockets turns out like. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great goal! My current goal is to sort through my stash of various materials and find things to do with them...

    ReplyDelete