Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monthly Challenge ACEO

I love to draw and sketch and about 8 years ago I was introduced to charcoal sticks. Ever since then, I was amazed and mesmerized by the things I could create with charcoal sticks. As I became more comfortable with the charcoal, I began to add graphite to my charcoal creations. Well as you have heard me talk about my Daily Challenge group before, for the month of January we had the challenge of creating an ACEO. An ACEO is an art trading card that measures 2.5" x 3.5" and can be created with any medium.

Well the different mediums and designs throughout the group has been amazing. From paintings to sewn ACEO and everything in between, I really wanted to get out of my normal fiber comfort zone for this. Year ago, I used to draw pictures from photographs and add my own little uniqueness to it. So I decided to create my ACEO out of graphite, charcoal and a colored pencil from a picture of my boyfriend's cat wrapped up in my yarn. I was crocheting an afgan for his Christmas present but he had no idea it was for him so it allowed me to crochet in front of him! Well one night the cat came over and got herself completely tangled in the yarn and I took a cute picture of it. So here is my ACEO:

No comments:

Post a Comment