Friday, January 1, 2010

The Start of a New Year

So this is the start of a New Year and the start of my blog.

Lily Rose Originals was created from my 2 little girls names and my favorite flowers, Lily and Rose. My passion has always been about clothing and fashion but I have learned that fashion doesn't have to come from traditional fabrics. There is more to this world than just tradition but to be innovative and unique. I have fallen in love with my fabric of chioce: YARN!

It is funny that I for years I thought of knitting and crocheting as an elderly lady thing (which my boyfriend insist he is dating a grandma!) until I was stuck on bedrest for 7 months and needed to keep myself occupied. So I got myself a crocheting kit with a baby blanket pattern and was taught by a wonderful lady about the ins and outs of crocheting. Over the years, I have crocheted hundreds of items and have created many of my own patterns. So my next venture was learning how to knit and that is still a work in progress but I love it! Sewing and Drawing are things have done since I was young but I love endless possibilities I have with yarn. There are so many textures and thicknesses that the same pattern can look completely different depending on the yarn used.

So since it is the New Year and everyone (well almost) makes resolutions and goals here are mine for LilyRose:
+To Blog Everyday
+To make LilyRose a priority in my life
+To expand my shop with knit and crochet clothing

Well everyone have a Wonder 2010 and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment